Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Tomorrow is the anniversary of my marriage to my husband. We have been married for eight years! I am so grateful we were ready to be married in a Temple of the Lord (LDS Temple), where we were sealed by God's power for eternity. That means that my husband and I can be together forever, even after we die. This brings a lot of comfort, especially when I consider how fragile this life can be.


I am very grateful that being married for eternity has brought strength and persistence in our commitment to marriage. There have been days that I have wanted to give up. Sometimes I have been really hurt by the things my husband does, or sometimes annoyed by him. Applying the teachings of Jesus Christ of forgiveness, repentance and love have really helped me. Also, knowing that God wants to see us succeed, and using His power and grace in our lives has made a difference.

It hasn't always been easy, but it has been definitely worth it. I am so grateful for the past 8 years. It has been wonderful. I hope to have many more!

PS: for those of you wondering, my husband has only one wife--me!

No comments: