Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being a Mom

I mentioned in the first post that I am a "Mormon Mom." Now I'd like to describe what that means to me. I have three wonderful children. I love them so much. Even though I have the opportunity and freedom to do whatever I want with my time and energy, I know the most important, lasting thing I can do is to help these three souls become great people and closer to God. It's definitely hard, tedious, often thankless work, but I LOVE IT! Of course I am not prefect. After I get the kids in bed at night, and I finally enjoy some peace and quiet, I reflect on my day. I did this last night, and felt pretty guilty about the way I yelled at my kids. I get so tired, impatient, frustrated (and hungry!) at dinner time, and that's when I was really mean to them yesterday. At times like these, I worry that my imperfections as a Mom are going to "mess up" my kids.



Oh what peace and relief the knowledge of Jesus Christ's atonement brings! I know that his grace and suffering makes up for my mistakes and even the mistakes of my children. I just need to believe in Him and change my ways. I am so grateful for His perfect example of patience and kindness (especially with children). I know He loves me and He will help me do better.

1 comment:

Ree said...

Thanks for this reminder, Sarah. It helps to know we moms are in it together.