Sunday, August 31, 2008

God's Blessing and Miracle

It is humbling for me to post this because I have to admit my stupidity and laziness. I also have to acknowledge that despite my weaknesses, God loves and blesses us with miracles.


I put off refueling my van the other day. I knew the gas tank was near empty but I had a few errands I wanted to run before I went to the gas station. Well, I was on the freeway trying to pass another car and suddenly the van died. I began coasting. I was so grateful I was at the top of the hill, and I began praying for help. I asked God to help me make it off the freeway and get to the gas station safely. The offramp went down the hill, but there was a red light at the end of that. I prayed that I would be able to turn quickly, because I knew I might not get moving again if I stopped long. After a brief pause, I turned, but there was a truck with a trailer coming towards me quickly. I prayed again to God for help. Gratefully, the truck passed me. Then I prayed that I could make it to the gas station, just a few feet away, but also that the first pump would be open. I had no idea how I could get to a pump otherwise. I rolled into the gas station, and with joy saw that the first pump was free! I parked the van and prayed with my two-year-old son. I gave thanks with tears of gratitude that God heard my prayers and blessed me with a miracle of safety and success. I know God lives today. I know He knows me personally and loves me.

5 comments:

Emmy said...

How do I post a blog on here? You can call or email me and let me know.

Taffy said...

Wow, what a great blessing!

B said...

That was wonderful!

Lady said...

Sarah- I don't know how to post on your site either, but you can post this paragraph if you wish. I posted this today on my blog but I think it goes nicely with your post. I was going to share it at testimony meeting but since I've done it here and on my blog ... I think that's good. I've shared! :)

I was thinking about this recently - the tender mercies of the Lord. This was definitely one of them. I felt that their kids ended up in our kids classes for a reason. Nick was having a really hard time the first day of school - but I think having MacGregor in his class and even sitting right next to him has eased his anxiety. Ainsley was having a horrible time and none of the kids she already knows were going to be in her class (they were all in the morning classes) so having Courtney be in her class was such a blessing!!! I know the Lord looks out for us - even in these little ways. I feel blessed.

Princess Gerty said...

I had posted that you should email me to get invited to post yourself, but if you just let me know in a comment, and I already have your email address, I can send you an invite right away.