Friday, March 13, 2009

I love to visit The Temple

Apparently there will be some attention given to temples in an upcoming TV series. Of course the stance of the church is so positive and respectful. I love it. I hope that I can be as kind and patient if the things I love and respect are treated with disrespect.



Almost every time I go to the temple I am amazed by the love and peace and acceptance I feel there. I am so grateful to have a place of peace in the middle of a noisy world. I am so grateful for a place without cellphones, TV, or daily distractions. There, in the Heavenly peace of the temple, I can feel God's love for me. I can listen for His promptings with little distraction. I am so grateful for the sacrifice and love of our Savior Jesus Christ. Through His immortal Atonement, death is not the end and we can prepare to enjoy eternity with our loved ones.

My husband's grandma passed away last week. It was expected, and in some ways a relief. We will miss her, but we are happy she has no more pain and is reunited with her dear husband. As I thought about her death though, I thought about how universal death is. It is universally inevitable for all people in all times in all cultures. It is the one thing unavoidable for us all, and very few have ever "returned" from death.

So, what a kind, compassionate God we have that would prepare a way through Jesus Christ for us all to overcome this often frightful event. How comforting to know the truth about what comes next. I am so grateful for the kind gift of temples on earth today so I can look forward to the next life with peace and trust and comfort. I love to visit the Temple!

No comments: