Sunday, January 25, 2009

Expanding our Influence


I remember being asked by our prophet when I was a young girl to pray for other countries to open their doors to missionary work. At the time the Soviet Union would not allow missionaries in their countries and I felt like they were our real enemies out to get us. With many Latter-day Saints around the world, my family prayed that they would be open to missionary work. I never imagined that a few years later (when I was 21) I would be preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a missionary in a former Soviet Republic. But miracles happen. I still cannot believe how quickly the iron curtain and the Berlin Wall fell.


We have been asked once again by the current prophet to pray for countries to open their doors to missionaries. I believe we will see miracles once again as we do this. As I have prayed for these miracles, I have tried to think of what I could to to help. I have repeatedly had the idea to post my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in as many languages as I can. I eagerly welcome anyone else to participate.

English

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know God is my Father in Heaven, and He loves every one of us. I wish that everyone in the world could understand God's love and the Lord's power to save and help us. I know that because of God's love for us, He has revealed the Book of Mormon to help us in our modern day. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and that I can trust in Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Estonian or eestikeeles:

Ma tean, et Jesus Kristus on meie Päästja
Ma tean, et Jumal on meie Isa Taevas, ja ta armastab meid, iga üks.
Ma soovin, et iga inimene maailmas mõistaks Jumala armastuse, ja Issanda päästav võimu.
Ma tean, et Jumala armastuse tõttu, on Mormoni Raamat ilmunud meie abistamiseks tãnapäeval. Mormoni Raamat tünnistab Jeesusest Kristusest, ja sellest, et ma võin teda usalda.
Jeesuse Kristuse nimel, aamen.



3 comments:

B said...

Hey this is a great idea! I will come back and post mine tomorrow (it's really late right now!)

Bethany said...

So I fell asleep thinking what I wanted to say, after I realized I had forgotten to post! So here goes in Albanian:

Une e di qe Perendia jeton dhe qe Ai na do shume. E di qe Ai ka nje plan per lumterine tone ketu ne toke dhe ne qiell. E di se Jezu Krishti eshte Shpetimtari i botes dhe nepermjet shlyerjes se tij ne mund te jetojme me Perendine dhe te Birin pas vdekjes. Une e di qe Librin e Mormonit u perkthua nga Josef Smithi nepermjet fuqise se Perendise, dhe qe ai libri permban ungjillin e Jezu Krishtit. E di qe ne te gjithe mund te kemi paqe dhe gezim ne kete jete she ne jeten e perjeteshme. Ne emrin a Jezu Krishtit amen.


PS this is really B not Devin

Princess Gerty said...

Thank you so much B!