Sunday, November 2, 2008

More Politics and Passion

I really believe what God proclaimed through His prophets when they stated, “marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God.” I also feel like this statement is absolutely correct: “God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.” I want to obey when these prophets say, “We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.”

I feel anxiety and urgency as I read this statement by the prophets: "Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

My desire to support prop 102 in Arizona was reinforced when I read this article:

It is long, but well worth the read.

My sister in law who gives a neat analogy.

I don’t think that we need to take rights away from gay and lesbian people. That is fine with me if they enjoy legal protection, hospital visits, and other things they already enjoy. However, the issue for me is honoring the institution that God ordained for a man and woman.

I hope that this helps you see why I believe and act (and vote) as I do.


No comments: